Reverse MortgagesA powerful tool to convert your home equity into cash.
A Reverse Mortgage is a powerful tool for many seniors, and has provided stable retirement income for thousands who might otherwise be struggling.
We are approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide HECM counseling required by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA).
Requirements for a Reverse Mortgage
To be considered for a reverse mortgage:
- The youngest borrower must be Age 62 or older.
- Available equity in your home.
- You have sufficient equity in your home.
- All liens against your property must be paid at closing.
- Mandatory HECM Counseling provided by a HUD approved counseling Agency.
- As a homeowner, you are still responsible for your property taxes, property insurance and HOA/COA fees.
About the Counseling Session
As an Approved Counseling Agency, our HECM counselors will discuss the following topics and upon completion of the session will issue you a Certificate of HECM Counseling.
- Your Goals
- Payment options
- Costs that are associated with the loan
- Possible Alternatives
The borrower is required to pay a fee for HECM loan counseling.
As an Approved Counseling Agency, our HECM counselors will discuss keys of a reverse mortgage with you and upon completion of the session will present you a Certificate of HECM Counseling.
Reverse Mortgages are increasing in popularity with seniors who have equity in their homes and want to supplement their income.
The only reverse mortgage insured by the U.S. Federal Government is called a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage or HECM, and is only available through an FHA approved lender.-U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)