Reverse MortgagesA powerful tool to convert your home equity into cash.
A federally insured Reverse Mortgage is a powerful tool for many seniors, and has provided stable retirement income for thousands who might otherwise be struggling.
We are approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide Reverse Mortgage counseling required by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA).
Requirements for a Federally Insured Reverse Mortgage
To be considered for a federally insured Reverse Mortgage:
- The youngest borrower must be Age 62 or older.
- Available equity in your home.
- You have sufficient equity in your home.
- All liens against your property must be paid at closing.
- Mandatory counseling provided by a HUD approved counseling Agency.
- As a homeowner, you are still responsible for your property taxes, property insurance and HOA/COA fees.
About the Counseling Session
As HUD Approved Counseling Agency, our counselors will discuss the following topics and upon completion of the session will issue you a Certificate of Counseling.
- Your Goals
- Payment options
- Costs that are associated with the loan
- Possible Alternatives
The borrower is required to pay a fee for Reverse Mortgage loan counseling.
Use Your Home to Stay at Home
The official federally insured Reverse Mortgage consumer booklet approved by the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development.
As a HUD Approved Counseling Agency, our Reverse Mortgage counselors will discuss the facts of a Reverse Mortgage with you and upon completion of the session will present you with a Certificate of Counseling.
Reverse Mortgages are increasing in popularity with seniors who have equity in their homes and want to supplement their income.
The only reverse mortgage insured by the U.S. Federal Government is called a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage or HECM, and is only available through an FHA approved lender.